OK, I’m back.
Comic-Con was held in San Diego over the weekend, and, as usual, some interesting news have come from the panels. And some other news during that time will fit in here as well.
– WGN America announced at the panel for “Salem” that the show will return for a third season in 2016.
– Peter Facinelli (“Nurse Jackie”, “Twilight”) has been cast on CBS’ “Supergirl”, playing the recurring role of well-known DC Comics character Maxwell Lord. Sometimes a villain, sometimes a hero, Maxwell Lord has a storied past with the DC Comics Universe as a powerful business man involved with the Justice League. On “Supergirl”, Maxwell is a green tech billionaire who enjoys a friendly rivalry with Cat Grant and a fascination with National City’s newest arrival – Supergirl.
– Canceled NBC drama “Hannibal” might continue in feature film form, exec producer Bryan Fuller revealed at Comic-Con. “[We’re] looking at the possibility of a feature film,” Fuller teased. “Hugh [Dancy] and Mads [Mikkelsen] are committed to this show.” After the team takes a bit of a break after season 3. Fuller promised that “we’ll find a way to bring Hugh and Mads back to you.”
– TVLine reports that Neal McDonough has joined The CW’s “Arrow” for next season as a regular. He will play the iconic role of Damian Darkh. He is described as “a mysterious and sophisticated villain, and an adversary of the late Ra’s Al Ghul. Now the leader of his own clandestine group, this cunning foe will prove to be one of the Arrow’s greatest challenges.”
– Teddy Sears (“Raising the Bar”, “Reckless”) and Shantel VanSanten (“The Messengers”) have both joined the cast of “The Flash”. Sears will play Jay Garrick, “a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry and the S.T.A.R. Labs team of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.” His helmet was seen briefly coming out of the worm hole in the season 1 finale.
VanSanten plays Patty Spivot, a new love interest for Barry. She is a police officer and science enthusiast – “Think Felicity Smoak from “Arrow” – the casting call initially described her.
– Deadline reports that Elliot Knight and Joana Metrass have both joined the cast of ABC’s “Once Upon A Time”, playing Merlin and Guinvere, respectively, when the show heads for Camelot in the new season.
– In an interview with Michael Ausiello from TVLine, “iZombie” creator Rob Thomas hinted that TV show-turned-feature film “Veronica Mars” might be coming back to TV in the future, as both Thomas and star Kristen Bell are looking to bring back the cult sleuth in a limited series. But it’s early, so take it with the proverbial grain of salt.
– OK, Trailers! As usual, Comic-Con is a great place for the launch of new promo material, and it was no different this year, as many TV shows debuted their latest trailers over the weekend. So let’s head down to check out “Ash Vs. Evil Dead”, “Heroes Reborn”, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”, “The Walking Dead” and “Fear The Walking Dead”.