Here are a few casting bits from lately.
– Per Deadline, Lizzie Brocheré (“American Horror Story”) has joined USA’s pilot “Falling Water”. The project is described as a mind-bending thriller intersecting reality and unconscious thoughts. It centers of three unrelated people who slowly realize that they are dreaming separate parts of a single common dream. Each is on a quest for something that can only be found in their subconscious. However, the more they begin to use the dream world as a tool to advance their hidden agendas, they realize that their visions are trying to tell them something and that their very real lives are at stake.
Brocheré plays the female lead opposite David Ajala, Tess, a cutting edge trend spotter with an uncanny ability to predict the next big thing, who is haunted by nightly dreams of an absent child.
– Mark Valley (“Boston Legal”) has come aboard “Girlfriends’ Guide To Divorce”, TVline reports. On the Bravo series, he will play Dr. Harris, a popular television personality who recently responded to Abby’s tweet and wants to meet her, for six episodes.
And “Baby Daddy’s” Jean-Luc Bilodeadu is set to guest star as Adam, a handsome young man Jo (Alanna Ubach) meets on Tinder.
– Liza Lapira (“Battle Creek”) has been tapped to replace Maureen Sebastian on FOX’ comedy “The Guide To Surviving Life”, set for midseason. It’s about five friends living together for the first time, navigating through the perks of life after college. Lapira plays Leslie Barrett, wife of Josh Barrett (Justin Bartha), per Deadline.
– Tyra Ferrell (“Out of the Box”) has been added to the cast of FOX’ “Empire”, Deadline reports. She will recur as a lawyer who gets in contact with the Lyons.
– And per the same story, Aislinn Paul (“Haven”) has joined NBC’s “Heroes Reborn” in an undefined recurring role.
– Per EW.com, Sinqua Walls will return as Merlin in the upcoming fifth season of ABC’s “Once Upon A Time”.
– Also per Deadline, Ron Yuan (“The Blacklist”) has come aboard Netflix’ “Marco Polo”. The project centers on the 13th Century explorer (Lorenzo Richelmy) as he fights greed, betrayal and rivalries in Kublai Khan’s court. Yuan plays Prince Nayan in the second season as a regular.
– Per the same story, Jolene Purdy (“Under the Dome”) has booked a recurring role on the fourth season of “Orange Is The New Black” on Netflix. Nothing further about her part for the moment.
– Per The Wrap, LeBron James, an executive producer on Starz’ “Survivor’s Remorse”, will guest star on the series in the upcoming second season.
– And finally, via the Hollywood Reporter, Netflix has set the premiere date for its upcoming drama “Narcos”, which depicts “the true story of how cocaine became such a huge problem in the U.S. and Europe – and how it all started here in Medellin,”, according to director Jose Pailha. “Narcos” launches on August 28. Additionally, Netflix has released a new teaser (and it really is just that), which you can see below.