In the words of famed detective Adrian Monk, here’s what happened.
– ABC Family has given a pilot order to “Stay”, a mystery drama about a recently widowed police detective who ends up stranded at a foreboding hotel with his two teenage daughters. Together, they must unravel the hotel’s mysteries to escape.
“Stay” is written and executive produced by Spenser Cohen. Jon Turteltaub (“National Treasure,” “Sorcerer’s Apprentice”) will direct the pilot and also serve as Executive Producer, along with Anna Halberg.
“’Stay’ is an emotionally powerful story about a fractured family that comes back together under the most unexpected of circumstances,” said Karey Burke, Executive Vice President, Programming and Development, ABC Family. “’Stay’ is a haunting and surprising ride that we are excited to bring to life.”
– Per Deadline, Nathan Phillips (“Neighbours”) has signed on to star in Syfy’s upcoming straight-to-series alien drama “Hunters” from “The Walking Dead” producer Gale Ann Hurd. It chronicles the disappearance of a decorated Philadelphia cop’s wife, which leads him to a secret government unit assembled to hunt a group of ruthless terrorists — shadowy figures that may or may not be from this world. Phillips will play said detective, Flynn Carroll, a former FBI agent plagued by PTSD and hallucinations from the stress of his wife disappearing.
– Rosie Day (“Homefront”) has joined the cast of the second season of “Outlander”, per EW. She will play Mary Hawkins, the daughter of a minor baronet and the niece of Silas Hawkins. Engaged to a member of the French nobility, Mary, who struggles with a nervous stammer, finds herself being used as a pawn in the power plays of her elders.
And Andrew Gower has signed on to play Prince Charles Edward Stuart, the young heir to the exiled Catholic royal dynasty, whio is plotting his epic return to the throne. Meanwhile, Romann Berrux comes on board as Fergus, a young French pickpocket who is incredibly loyal to the Frasers.
– Per TVLine, Evan Handler (“Californication”) and Russell Hornsby (“Grimm”) will star in VH1’s hip-hop movie “The Breaks”, about three friends making it big in that industry. Handler will play legendary promoter music publisher Jonah “Juggy” Aaron, while Hornsby is set as renowned radio host Sampson Green.
– And ICYMI, because i did two days ago: Lucy Liu (“Elementary”) will guest star on the upcoming season five episode of “Girls” on HBO, playing a version of herself, according to TVLine.