A few news bits from lately. I’ll keep it rather short this time.- Charles Grodin has joined the cast of ABC’s miniseries “Madoff” centering on disgraced stockbroker Bernie Madoff (Richard Dreyfuss). Grodin plays Carl Shapiro, an investor who lost millions in the scheme. Also on board is Lewis Black, playing Ezra Merkin, a Madoff business associate and investor, per the Hollywood Reporter.
– Per the same story, “American Horror Story: Freak Show” alum Finn Wittrock will be back for “American Horror Story: Hotel”, playing someone who might create a love triangle with characters played by Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer (“White Collar”).
– Deadline also reports that Michael Ealy (“Almost Human”, “The Following”) has joined the cast of the upcoming second season of ABC’s mystery drama “Secrets And Lies”. It’s all about a new case, with Juliette Lewis being the only one returning from season one. Ealy plays Eric Warner, who has to investigate alongside – or against -Det. Andrea Cornell (Lewis) when his wife is murdered.
– Bill Fagerbakke is set to return as a series regular on NBC’s 13-episode “Coach” revival, reprising his role as Coach Fox’s (Craig T. Nelson) former assistant, special teams coach Michael “Dauber” Dybinski, via Deadline.
– Deadline also reports “That 70s Show” alums Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson will reunite on Netflix’ “The Ranch” from “Two And A Half Men” co-showrunners Don Reo and Jim Patterson, which is finalizing a straight-to-series order. It centers on a Colorado ranch, with Kutcher’s character returning home after a brief semi-pro football career to run the family business with his brother (Masterson).
Via TVLine, Nicole Maines, the Transgender teen who won a discrimination lawsuit against her high school last year, will guest star on USA’s “Royal Pains” as Anna, a transgender choreographer who Hank discovers is taking hormones that are harmful to her health.
– Starz has ordered straight to series “American Gods”, based on Neil Gaiman’s 2001 novel. The story revolves around a brewing war between new and old gods, and centers on a man named Shadow, a man from the past who just wants to take a flight home, but ends up right in the middle of everything.