There’s actually not much happening at the moment in terms of news, so I had to wait a bit longer to have enough material to create another News Pack.
But here it is, the stuff that made the rounds lately.
- TVLine’s Kimberly Roots reports that Sean Gunn, who played Kirk on “Gilmore Girls” back in the day, has signed on for a guest spot on Amy Sherman-Palladino’s new dramedy “Bunheads”, which airs Mondays on ABC Family. On the episode airing August 12, Gunn will play Bash ( which is short for Sebastian), an award-winning barista who is known for brewing some fine joe.
- Roseanne is about to get her very own Comedy Central Roast. The cable network has announced that it is set to tape “The Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne” on Saturday, August 4. The segment will air a week, Sunday, August 12 at 10 PM ET/PT. ”All I can say is good luck finding anything about me to make fun of… I mean, I’ve never made a mistake or offended anyone in my life!”
- Per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, Matthew Gray Gubler has signed on for two more seasons of CBS’ “Criminal Minds”. His salary is now said to be north of $100’000 per episode. He was the only core cast member whose contract was up for renewal this season. Paget Brewster, who played Emily Prentiss on the show, has left for good, with Jeanne Tripplehorn being added as a new BAU team member.
And finally, a few casting items courtesy of Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva.
- Nicole Sullivan (“MADtv”) has joined the cast of “Wendell & Vinnie”, the multi-camera Nick At Nite comedy pilot centering on Vinnie (Jerry Trainor), a goofball with no sense of responsibility, who gets guardian ship of Wendell (Buddy Handleson), his 12-year old genius nephew. Sullivan plays Vinnie’s sister Wilma.
- Disney XD has recast the male lead of its upcoming live action/puppet series “Crash & Bernstein”, and has tapped Cole Jensen to play the role of Wyatt Bernstein, a man who lives in a house of sisters with the dream of having a brother. His wish sort of gets fulfilled when his puppet Crash comes to life.
- Lyndon Smith, Steve Talley (“I Just Want My Pants Back”) and Abby Pivaronas (“Jonas”) (all pictured below) have been cast in MTV’s Krysten Ritter/Eric Garcia’s hourlong comedy pilot “Cassandra French’s Finishing School For Boys”. The project centers on Cassie French, “a 22-year-old overachiever who can’t find a guy ready for a real, mature relationship. After the latest disappointment, she locks her latest boyfriend (Talley) up in her basement in order to train him to become the perfect gentleman”. Newcomer Smith plays Claire, Cassandra’s outrageous but loyal best friend, Pivaronas is set as Lexi, who is both Cassie’s and Claire’s friend. Michael Lehmann (“True Blood”, “Heathers”) will direct the pilot.