And here, to cap the week of, the news pack with the latest happenings.
- Per TVLine’s Vlada Gelman, “Gilmore Girls” alum Chris Eigeman has joined the cast of Amy Sherman-Palladino’s new ABC Family series “Bunheads”, where he will play Conor, the director of a play that Michelle (Sutton Foster) and Fanny (Kelly Bishop) attend.
- John Cho has been upped to the status of series regular on NBC’s new Matthew Perry comedy “Go On”, TVLine’s Megan Masters reports. Perry plays a sports talk radio host finding comfort in mandatory group-therapy after a devastating loss. Cho plays the manager of the radio station where Perry’s character works.
- And according to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello, Broadway actor Jeremy Jordan has joined the cast of NBC’s musical drama “Smash” as a series regular for the upcoming second season. He will play a very sexy singer from Brooklyn who has a self-destructing streak. “Smash” returns in midseason.
- True-Blood.net has the exclusive, and it has been confirmed by various sources, that Robert Patrick (“The Unit”, “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”) has joined the cast of HBO’s “True Blood” for the recurring part of Jackson – SPOILER Alert! – Jackson Herveaux, Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) father.
- Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports two pilot castings. Child actor Buddy Handleson (“Shake It Up”) has joined the cast of “Wendell & Vinnie”, a Nick at Nite pilot starring Jerry Trainor as Vinnie, a goofball who has to become guardian to his conservative genius nephew, Wendell (Handleson). And Cheyenne Jackson (“30 Rock”) has boarded NBC’ss upcoming series “Mockingbird Lane”, where he will have a guest-starring role in the pilot. His role is that of Scout Master Steve, “Eddie’s (Mason Cook) charming, cheerful new Scout Master, a widower with no children of his own who becomes smitten with Lily”.
- Matt Warburton (“Community”) is the new showrunner of FOX’ new fall comedy “The Mindy Project”, also per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva. Other new senior staff members are Michael Spiller (“Modern Family”) as executive producer/director, Linwood Boomer (“Malcolm In The Middle”) as consulting producer and Chris McKenna (“Community”) as co-exec producer.
- And two new pilot orders, again per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva. NBC has ordered new Jerry Bruckheimer project “The Secret Life of Husbands And Wives” to pilot. Described as a soapy thriller, and based on the 2010 novel by Josie Brown, it centers on a murder and its secrets involving three couples and their respective families, all tightly woven together. Additionally, HBO has ordered “The Missionary”, a Cold War spy drama, with Aaron Paul (“Breaking Bad”) attached to star. It centers on a young American missionary who becomes involved with the CIA.
- And speaking of “Breaking Bad”: AMC has released a first teaser trailer for the upcoming first half of the show’s fifth and final season, which debuts Sunday, July 15. Take a look.
- And finally, DirecTV will roll out the fifth and final season of compelling legal drama “Damages” on Wednesday, July 11. And the just-released trailer surely won’t make the wait any easier… Hit Play!