The latest in terms of TV news, all neatly gathered in one place.
- TVLine’s Vlada Gelman reports that Margarita Levieva will be returning next season on ABC’s “Revenge”, reprising her role of faux-Amanda Clark, who turned up pregnant in last season’s finale. Levieva will be on hand for at least seven of the first 14 episodes.
- Bellamy Young, who plays First Lady Mellie Grant on ABC’s drama “Scandal”, has been promoted to a series regular next season, according to TVLine’s Vlada Gelman.
- Per the Hollywood Reporter, Lucy Hale (“Pretty Little Liars”) has signed a record deal with Hollywood Records to produce her first album, which is set to be released some time next year. The label has such stars as Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato under its wing. Hale is looking to venture into country for her first CD.
- A&E has set September 3 and 4 for its two-night, four-hour miniseries remake of Michael Crichton’s 1978 feature “Coma”, which tells the story of a young doctor suspecting sinister happenings at a hospital when several patients end up in comas after seemingly routine procedures. Toplined by Lauren Ambrose (“Torchwood: Miracle Day”), “Coma” also stars Steven Pasquale (“Rescue Me”), Geena Davis (“Commander In Chief”), James Woods (“Shark”), Ellen Burstyn and Richard Dreyfuss (“Parenthood”). Ridley Scott and Tony Scott are executive producing, Mikael Salomon is directing.
- Andy Samberg, who recently announced that he won’t return to “Saturday Night Live” next season, has crossed the pond and landed a starring role in “Cuckoo”, a new UK series airing on BBC Three later this year. Per the press release, “”Cuckoo” is set in the Midlands, home to the Thomas family. When Ken (Greg Davies) and Lorna (Helen Baxendale – Cold Feet, Kidnap and Ransom) collect their daughter (Tamla Kari) from the airport, they’re horrified to learn that she’s returned from her gap year with more than just a henna tattoo and braids in her hair. At the arrival gate, she promptly introduces them to her new husband, Cuckoo (Andy Samberg) – the squared-jawed, self-appointed spiritual ninja who is now their son-in-law.”
- Lifetime’s “Drop Dead Diva” will welcome a few well-known guest stars in its fourth season, EW’s Lynette Rice reports. S. Epatha Merkerson (“Law & Order”) will be playing the judge presiding over Bobbi Dobkin’s (Sharon Lawrence) case in the season’s 10th episode. Bobbi is sued by a “dance mom” for causing her daughter’s career-ending injury.
Two episodes later, Dylan Walsh (“Nip/Tuck”) appears as Laurence Tobin, a headline-seeking litigator. And in the fourth season finale, Ethan Embry (“Brotherhood”) will guest star as Dan Baker, a man whose wife refuses to have a brain tumor removed that turned her into a genius, but will kill her in six months.
- FOX has set the premiere date for Gordon Ramsay’s new series “Hotel Hell”, which premiers over two nights, on Monday, August 13 and Tuesday, August 14, at 8/7c PM.