This just in, from the Hollywood Reporter.
Henry Ian Cusick, who played handsome Stephen Finch on the first season of ABC’s new Shonda Rhimes drama “Scandal”, will not be returning to the cast when the second season launches in the fall. His option was not picked up. On the other hand, Joshua Malina has been upped to a full-fledged series regular for next season.
And here’s what else is happening.
- Jon Wellner, who has been part of CBS’ “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” since the show’s fifth season playing lab tech Henry, will be a series regular for the show’s 13th season, coming in the fall.
- Per EW’s James Hibberd, three casting scoops have emerged. Valerie Cruz will be part of the second season of Showtime’s “Homeland”, where she’ll play Major Joy Mendez, a military intelligence officer who goes with Carrie (Claire Danes) on a sensitive mission in Beirut. The role is said to be a guest spot, but could become recurring.
Additionally, Matt Gerald (“The Shield”) has signed on for multiple episodes of “Dexter” next season, playing a ultra-violent criminal.
Meanwhile, Meghan Falcone will play Faith’s (Maggie Grace) groupie roommate Sari on
“Californication” next season.
- T.J. Miller has replaced Jake Lacy on upcoming FOX comedy series “Goodwin Games”, per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva. The show centers on three siblings (Becki Newton, Scott Foley, Miller), who reunite after the death of their father, and are about to inherit his fortune, but only if they agree to certain terms.
Also per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, the following casting news:
- Amy Aquino (“The Finder”) has been cast in the third season of Syfy’s “Being Human”, playing Donna, a strong and vibrant woman running the local soup kitchen and is asked to help find Sally who got lost in last season’s finale. Additionally, the Hollywood Reporter reports that Kristen Hager, who plays Nora, will be a series regular next season.
- Billy Brown (“Dexter”) will join FX’ new season of “Sons of Anarchy” for a major recurring role. He will play Damon Pope’s (Harold Perrineau) right-hand man.
- Dylan Neal (“Blood Ties”, “Ringer”) has been added to the cast of “Cedar Cove”, the first scripted series from the Hallmark Channel. The show stars Andie MacDowell as Judge Olivia Lockhart, who presides over the titular small town. Neal plays the editor of the local newspaper and potential love interest for Judge Lockhart.