This just in, per TVLine’s Megan Masters.
Jason Ritter will be returning to NBC’s “Parenthood”, when the show returns for its fourth season in the fall. He will reprise his role of teacher Mark Cyr, who was last seen proposing to Sarah (Lauren Graham). The question remains, for how many episodes will Ritter be back? It looks like his involvement with the new season will be on a recurring basis. “As far as I understand, they want to keep me around, and we’ll do as many episodes with me as we can all do,” Ritter told TVLine last week at the ATX Television Festival in Austin. For a bit more. hit the link above.
Ready for more? Here we go.
- Per Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, Mariana Klaveno has been cast in NBC’s “Munsters” reboot “Mockingbird Lane”, just barely a day after news broke that Jerry O’Connell had landed the role of Herman Munster on the upcoming series developed by Bryan Fuller and Brian Singer. However, there’s a catch. Klavenko’s casting is contingent on ABC Studios releasing her from her obligation on the still-not-dead Marc Cherry project “Devious Maids”, which might land at Lifetime. Even though Klaveno only has a small part in the pilot, the studio has refused to release her so far. But NBC seems to want her bad, and is apparently even willing to let her recur on “Devious Maids”, if she can be signed on as a regular on “Mockingbird Lane.” More to come on this one, for sure…
- Willa Ford (“Magic City”) has been cast in a season 5 episode of TNT’s “Leverage”, the Hollywood Reporter reports. She is set to play “Tabatha, a feisty woman in her late 20s who owns a local grocery store in the small town of Apple Springs, Ore., and works to protect her family’s business — and the local community — from the megastore setting up shop nearby”. “Leverage” returns this summer, but a premiere date has yet to be set.
- Beware: The next one is a bit of a spoiler – if you want to know what kind of freaky characters FX’ “American Horror Story” is introducing next season. Directly from the casting sides, provided by Zap2It.
Jed: Male, 18 years old (no minors), Caucasian, thin, wiry, a farmhand. We need a brilliant inventive actor for a great guest lead. Work period: July 20-31.
Clara: 40s to 60s, Latina, extremely thin, freakish. 3-Episode Co-Star.
Pepper: Female, 20 to 40, very charactery (possibly malformed), child-like, small, 4-5 feet tall (but proportionate, we need normal length arms, legs, torso, etc). Actress must be comfortable wearing facial prosthetics. Multi-Episode Co-Star
- And then, unfortunately, there’s some bad news for the rabid fans of “The Secret Circle” who tried to get the show a second season after being canceled by The CW in May. Producing studio Warner Bros. TV has had some initial conversations about moving the show to ABC Family, but budgetary reasons and an already full slate of the cable network have prevented it. WBTV won’t look any further. The show is gone, for good, according to Zap2It.
- Danielle Panabaker and Naomi Judd have been cast as leads in the upcoming Hallmark Channel movie “The Nearlyweds”, per the Hollywood Reporter. It’s about three friends who, after they had their dream weddings, find out that the pastor messed with the paperwork, and that their nubtials are not official. Panabaker (“Piranha 3DD” – Really, what was she thinking?) will play Erin, whose husband David (Ryan Kennedy) invites Renée, his manipulative mom (Judd), to stay with them. Travis Milne (“Rookie Blue”) also stars.
- According to the Hollywood Reporter, Spike TV has ordered a new reality competition series called “Last Family On Earth”, where several families, who believe that the end is nigh, are fighting for spots on a state-of-the-art underground bunker, which is supposed to hold off any apocalyptic scenario. Six hour-long episodes have been ordered.