Welcome to the first edition of “news pack”. This is the place where all the smaller news items will be posted, as well as news that aren’t very recent, but need to be added after all. It’ll be a quick read, with just the facts, not much else.
But see for yourself.
- Tim Guinee (“The Good Wife”) has been added to the cast of Showtime’s upcoming second season of “Homeland”, per TVLine. The role and episode count has been labeled “top secret”, but the show recently sent out a casting call for Brody’s (Damian Lewis) chief of staff… “Homeland” returns September 30.
- And per the same source, ABC’s canceled drama “Pan Am” might still be showing signs of life, as producing studio Sony TV is in talks with Amazon to pick up the show.
- Joan Rivers will guest star on two upcoming episodes of “Drop Dead Diva”, playing the subconscious of Jane (Brooke Elliott), EW reports.
- According to Deadline, Mark Hudis has been tapped as the potential new showrnner of HBO’s “True Blood”, should the show be renewed for a sixth season. Current showrunner and creator Alan Ball will step down from his post after season five.
- Also per Deadline, several upcoming shows will recast roles for their launches in the fall or later. Andrea Roth is departing NBC’s “Revolution”, with her character, the mother of two of the leads, being reworked. Also losing her regular status is Anna Lise Phillips, who will get several epsiodes to wrap up her doctor character’s storyline.
In other NBC developments, the option for actress Khary Payton for new comedy “Go On” is not being picked up. “Save Me” will recast the role played by Lamman Rucker. No decision has been made on the replacement of Sara Rue in “Guys With Kids”, as the actress departs to star in ABC’s “Malibu Country”, which was in first position. The character might be recast, or written off.
FOX’ new midseason drama “The Following” will rework the character of a female FBI agent, played by Jeananne Goossen in the pilot. The role will skew older and reworked. CBS will recast Pablo Schreiber in legal drama “Made In Jersey”, and Stephanie March won’t be a series regular anymore, but appear as a guest star. And Felisha Terrell has lost her gig on “Goodwin Games”, as her role will be recast as well. Finally, the role of a love interest for the character played by Jason O’Mara in fall drama “Vegas” will be created. The character might be recurring.
And on returning drama “Criminal Minds”, a new regular will be added after the departure of Paget Brewster. ABC’s “Body of Proof” is also looking for a new regular.