Yeah, you saw it right. This time, it’s a mix between pilot castings and those for existing shows, but that latter is just one, the following.
- Vinessa Antoine (“Being Erica”) has joined the cast of Syfy’s upcoming second season of “Haven” in the recurring role of Evidence “Evi” Ryan, Syfy has announced. A former con-artist and lover of Duke’s (Eric Balfour), “Evi” Ryan is as beautiful as she is calculating and clever. Jason Priestley has been previously tapped for a four-episode arc on the new season, as well as to direct one episode.
OK, off to the pilots.
- Denis O’Hare (“True Blood”, “The Good Wife”) has been cast alongside Connie Britton in “American Horror Story”, FX’ upcoming drama pilot from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The premise of the project is being kept under wraps, but it involves two main characters, Ben Harmon and his gorgeous wife Vivien (Britton), a force to be reckoned with, despite her vulnerable appearance. O’Hare plays Larry, duped “Larry the burn guy”. Ryan Murphy will direct.
- Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”, “Running Wilde”) has joined the cast of NBC’s untitled Emily Spivey comedy pilot, alongside Christina Applegate and Maya Rudolph. It’s told through the POV of an acerbic mother of two (Applegate) who never thought she’d ever be a mom. It centers on her life with her stay-at-home husband (Arnett) and her outspoken parents.
- Margo Martindale (“Justified”) has come aboard CBS’ untitled Susannah Grant supernatural medical pilot. It centers on Michael (Patrick Wilson), a super-competitive surgeon who has his life changed forever when his ex-wife (Jennifer Ehle), a doctor running a free clinic, dies. Now she starts teaching him all there is to know about life from the hereafter. Martindale plays Rita, Michael’s strong-willed, sassy assistant. She replaces S. Epatha Merkerson, who was originally cast in that part. Shortly after the start of filming the pilot, the role got recast.
- Hector Elizondo (“Cane”, “Chicago Hope”) is cast in ABC’s untitled Tim Allen multi-camera comedy pilot, which is about Tim Fitzgerald (Allen), a man fighting for his manhood in a world where the “traditional male” has been declared dead, and is more and more dominated by women. Elizondo plays his boss at the Euclid Demolition Company who leaves his post and makes Tim the new president of the company. Nancy Travis has been previously cast as Tim’s wife, Vanessa.
- Stella Maeve has landed the last lead on “Lovelives”, the NBC multi-camera comedy pilot about a married couple, Tim (Ryan Hansen) and Holly (Amanda Loncar), who, along with Tim’s siblings Blake (Sean Maguire) and Maddie (Maeve), plus Blake’s sarcastic ex-wife Kate (Cho), are going though the ups and downs, twists and turns of love life in New York City.
Sources: Syfy, Deadline